Thursday, August 10, 2017

What was the Purpose of the Tree of Life?


This is at the crux of the story in Eden.

I was in JW's all my life until 53 years old. I resigned then, explaining to the elders I couldn't be involved or have my name attached to any religion anymore, especially this one that did not teach the gospel Jesus taught. I am now almost 63. Here's what I have learned about this subject; The Tree of Knowledge.

We read how Eve is at the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Bad, (which I will call T of K) contemplating a problem, and a very serious one. In previous discussions, I shared my thoughts of the dilemma I figured she was in mentally;

Adam was pressuring her to have relations, due to his own impatience for love. After all, he was 'ready' for that wife long before father brought her to him, and now...it was even worse because she was resisting all his desires(apparently, IMO).

Now, as stated, Satan lies to her, and falsely presumes she can be tempted by power, control, maybe even over Adam, as he says, "you can be like God, knowing good and bad"...and, "No, you won't die."

My reasoning?

She couldn't care less about control, or being a god. She was unhappy over not being eager to have sex/children, afraid of childbirth pains, and MAD at both Adam and his constant pressure, AND....God, for putting her under this whole command; "Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the whole earth with children."

And as you know, in the judgemental expressions Father had recorded, one can see this pretty much is revealed. (see Gen. 3 Remix post)

Doesn't that make a little more sense than what Satan thought she would disobey for?

"For mere oppression may make even a wise person act crazy", Ecc. 7:7

You've been there haven't you? Being rushed to make a decision, and make the one the eager-beaver friend wants you to make for whatever reason...then you really regret it later.

Think about this one FACT...not theory.

After eating the fruit, and their eyes both were opened, they knew good and bad, according to God's own words, they were able to smooth over their problem, Eve desired her husband, just as Father said she would, they consummated their union , made love, and started having children. Eve gained her appreciation for (the beginning of any love in a friendship) God and her life, as we can see by her expression at Cain's birth, "I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah."

End of story. Everyone is happy and moving along in life, populating the planet, eating drinking, working, and having families.

The T of K did its part, as after they ate, 'they began to realize they were naked', so....sexual awareness/desire and acceptance of that dawns upon both of them. The T ree was a real one, its fruit was at least on this occasion, acting as the aphrodisiac needed to help Eve over the hump.

It worked, no question.

I believe the T of K was a tool placed in Eden for the purpose of helping the couple progress in matters of importance, and was NOT a test of their obedience to the sovereign of the universe "Jehovah God', as WT always implies in everything they teach;

"The Great Jehovah....bow down or die you rebels!"

I got so sick of that rhetoric, as it was way overdone, and accuses father of demanding, egocentric, unfeeling and uncaring toward his earthly children.

I know my father. Do you? Listen to his expression after he saw they had eaten the fruit.

"What have you done." And I am want to put this point on it: "What have you done!!!"

Here, I see shock, and heartbreak, knowing his children are dead, its just a matter of time.

Think about that, and when you think about Biblical accounts like this, use your heart, to see the 'love-side' of matters when Father and Son act a certain way, or are going to engage in a program for the human welfare. (such as the resurrection, for instance)

And please, when WT discusses things like this, don't be intimidated by their explanations. When you read Bible accounts, prove to yourself what is good and acceptable to God. Rom. 12:2 Don't just accept their interpretations as 'coming from God'. They really don't have much wisdom at all, but seem to be mentally blocked from seeing what's right in front of them. I see God as hiding the truth from them. Lu. 10:21

Do yourself and your families a favor, YOU make up your own mind. Matt. 22:37

Excuse me, I forgot to pitch the ball, just wound up and then my mouth ran off and left me standing there. Sorry I do that a lot. :?

I do believe the T of K was meant to be eaten from, at Father Jehovah's due time, and way, as any teacher does. They jumped the gun, and ate...probably LOTS of fruit, and as stated, they got sick and were physically terminally sickened.

I do NOT believe it was put their to 'test their obedience'...or recognize God as their 'sovereign ruler'.

No comments:

Post a Comment